- This event has passed.
SDSC Industry Engagement and Demo Day
August 21, 2018 @ 9:30 am - 2:00 pm
We are pleased to invite Professor Tobias Preis from the University of Warwick to share at the event. Click HERE for his bio.
Title: Measuring and Predicting Human Behaviour Using Online Data
Abstract: Mammoth amounts of data are now being generated through society’s extensive interactions with technological systems, automatically documenting collective human behaviour in a previously unimaginable fashion. In this talk, the speaker will outline recent results of their research programme at the Data Science Lab in which they investigate whether data from sources such as Google, Wikipedia, Twitter, Flickr and Instagram can be used to:
- reduce delays in measurement of human behaviour
- measure behaviour which previously could not be measured
- improve predictions of future behaviour
Data Science Use Case
- Sentiment Analysis
- Business Analytics – Harvesting the Point of Sale Data
- Mobility Analytics for Smarter Public Spaces & Business Viability
- Social and Cognitive Computing: Application Highlights
- Trajectory Prediction and Analytics (NUS)
- Readpeer (NUS)
- ARShop (NUS)
- A Flexible Qualitative Data Analytics Dashboard (A*STAR, I2R)
- Dietlens: Personal Lifestyle AI Assistant (NExT++)
- Temporal Relational Ranking for Stock Prediction (NExT++)
- WiFi-based Indoor Location Analytics (SMU)
- Sociophysical Urban Analytics & Retail Viability (SMU)
- Hierarchical Clustering of Skills and Jobs with Labour Market Data (DSAC)
- Using NLP to Derive Alternative Data Sources for Market Intelligence (6Estates)
- AI-based Cricket Analytics in Live Broadcast (TVConal)
- and more…!
Click HERE for the programme!