Call for Applications: SDSC Dissertation Research Fellowship 2021
August 10 - October 11
The SINGAPORE DATA SCIENCE CONSORTIUM (SDSC) DISSERTATION RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP 2021 aims to recognise innovative and impactful thesis work of PhD students whose research interests are in data science. We encourage the use of real-world data in their research.
- PhD students must be enrolled at one of the following local universities in Singapore:
- National University of Singapore (NUS)
- Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
- Singapore Management University (SMU)
- Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT)
- Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)
- Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS)
- Each supervisor should only support one application. Multiple applicants from one supervisor will not be considered for the Fellowship.
- Proposed research under the Fellowship must be closely related to data science, and involve the use of real world data sets.
- Only PhD students who have completed their qualifying exam, and are expecting to submit their thesis after December 2022 are eligible to apply.
- Applicants should have already produced results from their research in the relevant area (in the form of high quality publications or demonstrated impact to society or community).
- If awarded, the recipient must remain an active, full-time student in their PhD programme for twelve (12) months from the date of award. The date of award is expected to be in early January 2022.
- The Fellowship may not be renewed or postponed.
Applications for the SINGAPORE DATA SCIENCE CONSORTIUM (SDSC) DISSERTATION RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP 2021 will open from 10 August 2021 and must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 11 October 2021. Late submissions will not be accepted. You should receive an email acknowledging the receipt of your application after the submission. However, only successful applicants will be notified of the outcome.
Please refer to the Call for SDSC Dissertation Research Fellowship document for more information on the application guide. The application form can be downloaded via this link. Please note that applications that do not conform to the required format will be rejected outright. For enquiries, please email to: email@example.com.