WE ARE HIRING!
The Singapore Data Science Consortium is seeking to hire numerous research assistants and postdoctoral fellows. The Consortium is funded by the National Research Foundation to facilitate the local industries in adopting Data Science technologies for innovation and improved productivity. Interested applicants can email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- We are looking for Research Fellow/Data Scientist to join our team.
The Research Fellow/Data Scientist will be responsible for undertaking in-depth research and innovation in data mining and machine learning for big data that lead to real-world implementations as well as publications in top-tier international conferences and journals. He/she will be working closely with the Principal Investigator and lab members on one or more research projects with external collaborators on interesting and challenging real-world datasets and problem statements. Potential projects include mining public transportation smart card data and other smart city applications.
- Working closely with data-owners from industry to understand their problem statements and identify opportunities for data science solutions
- Develop and implement new concepts and algorithms in data mining and machine learning for big data
- Research and be up-to-date on state-of-the-art methodologies in related technical fields and application domains
- Develop ideas for application of research outcomes
- Contribute to knowledge exchange and knowledge transfer activities with external partners and collaborators
- Writing or contributing to publications for disseminating research findings
- Make demos and presentations for exhibiting work at appropriate events
- A PhD in Computer Science or equivalent, with specialization related to data mining, machine learning, artificial intelligence or databases;
- Computational thinking with proven ability to conduct independent research with a strong and relevant publication record;
- Experienced in working with a diverse range of data types – prior experience in data analytics and machine learning for healthcare applications would be a plus;
- Experienced in using the latest machine learning, AI, and big data platforms;
- Excellent interpersonal communication and oral presentation skills in English; and
- Experienced in working in a team, with people of diverse skillsets, including industry end-users
- Prior experience with transportation data (e.g. public transport smart card data, taxi data) and/or mobility behavioural analytics will be a plus