LAUNCH OF INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH COLLABORATION GRANT CALL between Singapore Management University (SMU) and Zhejiang University (ZJU)
- The National Research Foundation (NRF) Singapore, in collaboration with National University of Singapore (NUS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore Management University (SMU) and Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR), has set up the Singapore Data Science Consortium (SDSC) to support data science technologies Research and Development and position the data science-based economy for the future. Details on the SDSC strategies and goals can be found at https://sdsc.sg/.
- The SDSC INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH COLLABORATION GRANT aims to develop novel and fresh R&D ideas that are in line with strategies and goals of the data science technologies development, solicited through an investigator-led, ground-up mechanism across the collaborative research ecosystem with overseas IHLs. The SDSC INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH COLLABORATION GRANT under SDSC aims to groom Singapore scientific research collaborations with overseas research institutes towards conducting innovative research. This GRANT CALL will support research on Software Big Data Science between Singapore Management University and Zhejiang University (ZJU).
- This joint grant call will open on Thursday, 2 Jan 2020 and close on Monday, 3 Feb 2020, 11.59pm (Singapore Standard Time). Results are expected to be announced by April 2020.
- The grant call is open to Singapore Management University only.
- Industry and research performers can participate as collaborators, but will not be eligible for any funding.
- Proposals can focus on the specific research areas that fall under the Software Big Data Science (i.e. data science methodologies for big data generated as a result of software development process). Specifically, the call seeks for proposals of up to 3-year research projects developing data science solutions that can help the software development industry to harness the power of passive yet big software data available today in private and/or public information silos to boost developer productivity and/or improve system reliability. Selection of successful proposals will be based on, but not limited to, the following evaluation criteria:
- Novelty and originality of the proposed idea or concept;
- Quality of the data science approaches proposed;
- Competitive/comparative advantage; and
- Capability of the research performers to conduct the research
- Notwithstanding the above criteria, the evaluation panel reserves the right to make a final decision based on other strategic considerations.
- Each application must be composed of one team from Singapore and one team for collaboration from Zhejiang University, with one Principal Investigator (Lead PI) from Singapore and the other PI from Zhejiang University. Only one Lead PI is allowed per application. Applicants should not have any outstanding reports for all national grants currently or previously held.
- The application must be submitted using the template HERE.
- The grant fund size in total for this call is S$700K (inclusive of overhead) in total from SDSC for supporting Singapore research team/teams, and another S$700K equivalent fund will be matched from Zhejiang for supporting ZJU team/teams.
- The proposal should indicate the budget from both sides, i.e., specify separate budgets for each country.
For those who are interested, please submit your proposals with email subject containing “Submission to SDSC-IRCG CALL between SMU and ZJU – Software Big Data Science” to SDSC (email: firstname.lastname@example.org). You should receive an acknowledgement within 1 working day of your submission (otherwise, please email email@example.com immediately).