The 2020 SINGAPORE DATA SCIENCE CONSORTIUM (SDSC) DISSERTATION RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP aims to recognise innovative and impactful thesis work of PhD students whose research interests are in data science. We encourage the use of real world data in their research. The programme will provide up to ten (10) annual cash awards of S$10,000 for doctoral students at Singapore universities. The cash awards can be used to support research initiatives that are related to data science and involve the use of real world data sets. The deadline for the submission of application forms and all supporting documents is 15 January 2021.
- PhD students must be enrolled at one of the following local universities in Singapore:
- National University of Singapore (NUS)
- Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
- Singapore Management University (SMU)
- Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT)
- Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)
- Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS)
- Multiple applicants from one supervisor will not be considered for the Fellowship.
- Proposed research under the Fellowship must be closely related to data science, and involve the use of real world data sets.
- Only PhD students who have completed their qualifying exam, and are expecting to submit their thesis after December 2021 are eligible to apply.
- Applicants should have already produced results from their research in the relevant area (in the form of high quality publications or demonstrated impact to society or community).
- If awarded, the recipient must remain an active, full-time student in their PhD programme for nine (9) months from the date of award. The date of award is expected to be in March 2021.
- The Fellowship may not be renewed or postponed.
Applications for the 2020 SINGAPORE DATA SCIENCE CONSORTIUM (SDSC) DISSERTATION RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP open from 16 November 2020 and must be submitted to email@example.com no later than 15 January 2021. Late submissions will not be accepted. You should receive an email acknowledging the receipt of your application after the submission. However, only successful applicants will be notified of the outcome.
Please refer to the Call for SDSC Dissertation Research Fellowship document for more information on the application guide. The application form can be downloaded via this link. Please note that applications that do not conform to the required format will be rejected outright. For enquiries, please email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.